Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Make Money Blogging

I started blogging almost 2 years ago. I began making nothing. Seriously, the first 6 months, pennies trickled in. I put blogging on the back burner many times. When I came back to it I tried different subjects. I started earning about $100 a month and was happy with that. So at this point in my story, I have several blogs. I even earn money at Google Adsense from YouTube. This past February I felt like I learned alot writing at Ehow, Mahalo and some other sites. I felt like starting to blog again would be a fabulous idea. To make along story short, from then until now, earnings seemed to double every month. (With exception to this current month, but that is a different story.) Last month I made over $2000 blogging.

I feel like I finally "get it." I know what I did wrong, what I did right and I have learned the biggest reasons why people do not make money blogging.

Let me share my thoughts!

Make money blogging, tip #1!
People give up too soon. Blogging takes times and earnings are residual. If you expect to see a ton of money overnight, think again. My best advice is give yourself a schedule. Write 2 new blogs or articles a day. Keep with it for atleast 3 months before giving up. Be patient. This is key!

Make sure people can find what you write in your blog!
The search engines have no idea what your blog or article is about. Your title and labels are important. Plus you will want to use those same few words many times throughout your blog. For example, you see my title The 5 Biggest Reasons People Do Not Make Money Blogging. I used those words throughout often and as a label. The search engines understand what this is about and can include appropriate ads. Update. Things have changed a bit. These days it is important to use other closely related keywords. For this post, you see my title. Instead of repeating, I find other words to use like blog, cash, write and so on.

Get your blog out their and rake in some cash!
No visitors. If people are not reading your blog, you will never earn any money. Use Twitter, Tweet each post, post on Facebook, Digg, Shetoldme and you can even add the url to search engines like Google and Bing.
Click here to add url to Bing

Click Here to add your url to Google!

Make money blogging by finding the right subject
Relying on one subject that is not working, not a great idea. You have your Blogger account set up. Did you know you can start a new blog there. If one subject is not working after many months, try something else. If you get discouraged, set it on the back burner. Come back to it when you are full of new ideas.


Get your creative juices flowing and start blogging with positive energy

Not enough things to write about. When you plan your blog, be sure you choose a subject that there is plenty to write about. If you run out of ideas after two weeks, you are in trouble.

If you get just one thing from this advice, wonderful. I have been learning for the past couple years on how to make money online. I am now happily earning full time income from many sources. I tried many things and failed more than I succeeded. Although I wish I could have learned all about blogging in the first article I read, years ago, I am happy to have finally gotten where I needed to be. Learn all you can and even to this day I know there is still so much more for me to learn.

Good luck and happy blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment