Saturday, September 10, 2011

How Can I Make Money by Blogging?

A few days ago I was thinking back to when I wanted to start blogging. I had two kids and wanted to know how to make money from home. The problem was, I had no idea how to start. So, I sat with the idea for a long time and did nothing. One day my spouse was talking to a coworker that claimed he made decent money blogging. He called me on the phone and allowed me to ask his friend many questions. That night I started my blog. Our conversation only lasted about ten minutes and I certainly did not learn everything, but I learned how to atleast start blogging.

I decided to write this blog to those of you who ask How Can I Make Money by Blogging? I will keep this easy, simple and just explain how to start!

You CAN make money from blogging!
Before we begin, I thought it would be interesting for me to share how much money I make blogging. I started out just making pennies and writing alot. I kept with it and wrote about 4 articles a day for about 4 or 5 months and then was making about $100 a month. We ran into financial hard times, as my husband was out of work for a while, so I put blogging on hold. I was just not making enough money to keep blogging. So I worked other online jobs and continued to see the $100 a month, without doing a thing. This past February I was able to get back to blogging and decided to blog about three articles every single day. By March I doubled my income and was at $200. In April I was at almost $500. In may blogging I made just over $1000. In June the money I made blogging was just over $2000. And July I had $2500 blogging!

Where and how to start!
Find a site to blog at, I write at Blogger. Now brainstorm and come up with a niche. A niche is a topic you want to write about. It is best to chose a topic not many other people are blogging about. You also want to find a subject that you will be able to blog about for months to come. You do not want to run out of ideas after 10 posts. Now that you have your blogging idea, set up your Blogger account. It is very simple, costs no money and they literally walk you through every step of the way. You get paid when people or visitors click on your ads. The ads will appear around or to the sides and top of each of your blogs. These come from Google Adsense and Blogger places the ads for you.

Patience at first and just write
I am not going to go over every last tip. Will leave that for another post, this post is How Can I Make Money by Blogging?  I want the beginner, like I once was, know how to start blogging. But I will share some things you may need to know. Blog often and do not get discouraged in the beginning. This is why many people fail at blogging. Had I not restarted back up in February I would have had no idea on how much money I could truly make.

Keywords and similar ways to say the same thing 
Your title and key words are important! Be sure to include your title, as you can see I did, many times throughout your article. You also want to include words that are similarly related.  This will help the search engines understand what your blog is about. VERY IMPORTANT. A mistake I made in the beginning was writing improper. I thought in a blog you were supposed to write like you were talking to a friend. No, write proper English so your visitors find you professional and want to keep reading.

How Can I Make Money by Blogging- what to write about!
At Blogger you can have many different blogs, all with different topics. I have about ten different blogs all with different subjects. This way you will be able to see what works and what does not. The key to making money blogging is getting traffic. You will see at the bottom of each blog you can post it to Google Buzz, share your blogging on Twitter, Facebook and even email it to friends. I also copy the url at the top of the page. That is the http: and add my url to Google and Bing!

Click here to add url to Bing

Click Here to add your url to Google!

Hope this How to Start Making Money Blogging article will help you get your foot in the door and get started to your new life, hopefully working from home!



1 comment: